Can I just say that there's nothing in this world that brings me more joy than having something new for very little money. Now when I say very little money, I'm talking about $2.00 - $5.00.
And this was the case with these 1980 brass wall sconces. Just $3.00 each.
Now to transform these little beauties, we'll need a few supplies.
1. Completely paint the sconces with your white acrylic paint.
2. To add depth, dry-brush on top of the dried white coat using your gray acrylic paint. (If you aren’t familiar with dry brushing, just dip the tip of your brush in paint, wipe off any excess on a dry paper towel, and brush the “dry” brush on the sconce. It adds a little aging effect.)
3. Now, to make them look antique, dry-brush them with the dark wax.
4. To add a little extra detail, cut a strand of glass or wood teardrop beads and paint them individually using the same process you did on the sconces- white, gray dry-brush, dark wax dry-brush.
5. To attach the beads to the arms of the sconce, thread the beads with your jewelry wire and tie them onto the sconces. I snipped the excess wire once they were attached.
I call these pretty amazing! These would have cost you easily $100.00 at Wayfair.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!